- Do you want your children to love and study God’s word when they are still young that will benefit their whole life?
- Do you struggle to engage your children in God’s word consistently using a text bible?
- Do you want your children to get addicted in God’s word?
We want to challenge you to start a 3-month ESV children bible listening program with your children
- Download a copy of the “3-month ESV children bible listening challenge” ESV children bible listening challenge participation form and discuss with your children to understand the scope of this listening program. You can also go to our product page to listen to a sample dramatized recording of Genesis 1 before making any decision.
- To get your children interested in participating the challenge, you can promise them some kind of reward if they can finish in 3 months.
- If you decide to participate, you can click the link to the Amazon product listing to purchase one ESV children bible player. Once you receive the product from Amazon, your children can start listening while logging their progress each day on the participation form. If they listen 15-20 minutes a day, they should be able to finish in less than 3 months.
- Each child is also required to write a one-page report on a character he/she likes most in the bible and the lesson he/she has learned from that character. If your child is too young to write, you may ask him/her to answer these questions orally and write down answers for him/her.
Tips for success
- Try to spend time to listen together with your children so that you can be readily available to answer their questions. You can also ask questions to check their understandings and inspire them to go further
- Find the best time for your children to listen, e.g. driving time to school in the morning, driving time back home in the afternoon, dinner time and before sleep time, etc. Based on our experiences, driving time is usually the best time as they have no other choices and distractions.
- Make good use of the progress checkboxes in the participation form as children enjoy seeing their progresses every day.
- Continue to pray for God’s grace to attract your children to His word. Also, pray for the spirit of wisdom and revelation that they may understand God’s word.
Other supporting materials
- Caleb’s testimony – Addicted in God’s Words
- Why audio bible for children?
- Tips for an effective children audio bible listening program